Friday, June 14, 2024

Rhonda Reviews: LUCIFER

 

Rhonda Reviews: Lucifer
I finally finished watching Lucifer. I know that I'm late to the game as the show ran the finale in 2021. But I had stopped watching it as it was a show that my son and I watched together, so when our relationship became strained I quit watching. 

Recently, I rewatched the episodes that I had already seen, and then finished the series. I already knew that I loved the show. The characters were based on characters by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, so it makes sense. The character of Lucifer is undoubtedly one of the best ever. 

I love religious iconography and mythology in shows and books anyway. Although I am not religious, I do enjoy studying it. Lucifer was almost part of my grad school thesis as I wanted to study the depictions of The Devil in popular culture and media. 

It feels as though there are only two depictions: pure evil or sorely misunderstood. 

But I digress. 

This show is funny, entertaining, and for me, it was quite thought provoking. Particularly in regards to our own guilt sending us to Hell and the Hell loops. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who loves funny crime procedural dramas with a supernatural touch. 

Have you watched Lucifer?




No comments :

Post a Comment